Wednesday 18 December 2013

OUGD405 Studio brief 02 Interim Crit


For the Crit I mad up a couple of simple mood boards with the three main ideas that I wanted to explore. These were insects and colour, metamorphosis and insects and fear. 


Three of the six pieces of feedback I got Particularly focussed in on the insects and fear idea and the way the media has fostered this through movie monster designs and other platforms because not only is it visual but it also has a tone and conceptual focus to drive the research. Someone in particular focussed in on why they are used as inspirations  for these monsters, what is it about insects that we fine scary? They also suggested looking into monsters inspired by insects across all medias such as the aliens in War of the World and other science fiction texts and even radio shows. Some people even suggested movies to look into like clover field and the host. 

Another person brought up a point I had also considered which was by pursuing the colour concept it could give me an insight into the module on colour we are about to start in design principles, creating a clear synthesis between the different areas of my study. However, I feel that this topic, although interesting, holds limited interest for me personally and my research will be more though rough if I follow something that really grabs me. 

No comments:

Post a Comment