Sunday 13 April 2014

OUGD401 Brief 02 Collecting Letterpress Designs

I wanted designs that were relatively simple so that when the chase and blocking in is shown on the other side it really shows the surprising amount of work that goes into these pieces. I also wanted designs that 'said' something rather than just being inane, so that the reader is slightly more engaged by the publication. Because I intend the purpose of this publication to be a promotion of the letterpress process I wanted to get together multiple pieces from a couple of different presses so they could hypothetically use it as promotional. I need an even number of designs for my concertina book bind and I have settled on 6 because the creation of the chase designs is going to take a long time.




clerk ink well press

clerk inkwell press




these images I have managed to collect of the actual chase of the designs will help me to construct the  digital images.


print for the love of wood.
Typoretum







No comments:

Post a Comment