Tuesday 12 January 2016

OUGD601 Context of Practice 03 Practical Piece Time Lapse Video Research

Because I am creating a time lapse video I thought I might document some of my influences on how I will go about doing this. I have created a time lapse before, last year in fact and I learned a lot from that. Mostly that I should film everything and decided later!


Dana Tanamachi:
FLOURISH from Dana Tanamachi on Vimeo.

This is a chalk artist and letterer that I have been watching for some time and this is perhaps my favourite project of hers. The main  things I have taken away from this is:

- A unity of musical rhythm and time passing is good in a time laps.
- A unity in visual aesthetic of design and music is good
- Link the music and your cutting pattern, follow the music




Lauren Hom:
Happy Holidays for Microsoft from Satellite Office on Vimeo.

Lauren hom is also one of my favourite chalkboard artists and letterers. What I love about this video in particular is the inclusion of people. Because I want to communicate the social proximity facilitated by the project I want to show people coming into shot and it to have an open messy feel to it. This video has just that. I think I will need to think about the speed of the time lapse in certain areas to help communicate this idea in particular.

No comments:

Post a Comment